The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 126



SCRIPTURE REFERENCES:  Luke 10:17-20
Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.  “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.  “Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES: Jesus, the Christ of God/Messiah
Once a month I have a wonderful privilege to preach the gospel of Grace in a rescue mission in Providence, Rhode Island. This ministry began over ten years ago, I do not go with my home church, but with another church where I ministered for several years, before returning to my church in North Stonington, CT. The reason I am explaining this is because of the JOY experience when I meditate with the LORD over the time allotted for preaching.

It is the Christ and the Holy Spirit of God who subdues Satan when he seeks to make accusations about me to destroy the moment. It is Christ who has given me the Spiritual power and authority over the enemy. Trampling on the serpents and scorpions of the demonic kingdom of the devil is real, the moment is spiritually charged, and I sense it, knowing that I am safe and too that nothing will cause me harm, mentally, spiritual of physically.

Amazing as all this seems, I do rejoice in the moment to be used of God, I do not think about the spirit underworld at work. I rejoice in the LORD because I know my Redeemer, I know I am redeemed, I know my Redeemer lives and my name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. God’s Word is True, He protects His children when He sends them to the frontlines! 

Homeless people are listening to the clamor and beat of the devil’s drum, some have listened to him for most of their lives, but when the LORD gets their attention you can sense the Spirit of God bringing peace and comfort to a very heavy heart. It only takes a few selfish choices in life to become homeless. Talking with them at times, it is easy to see that they are victims of their own choosing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 597

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 695

A Devotional – SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES (16)