A Devotional – SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES (12)


A Devotional – SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES (12) 

COMMENT: God is a “SPIRIT” and those who worship GOD, must do so in spirit and truth (John 4:24). We should dwell on this command of Jesus, as I am fearful that we often overlook this statement of the Messiah. God is not interested in our human religious efforts to please Him. Jesus rejected the religion of the Sadducees and Pharisees and if He did so with His own people, why should we think He would be pleased with our bells and whistles of worship. See and meditate over Matthew 23:1-39. God is only interested in our personal spirit when it agrees with the Truth found in His Word. We then ought to line up with God’s Way, God’s Truth and God’s Life; see John 14:6; also see Psalm 91:1-16.

SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES: (Proverbs 8:12-21)
The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water.
Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I was brought forth; While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, Or the primal dust of the world. When He prepared the heavens, I was there, when He drew a circle on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep, when He assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters would not transgress His command, when He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman; And I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him, rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my delight was with the sons of men.

This portion of Proverbs eight is one of my favorite sections of Scripture. I am so overwhelmed with the voice of Wisdom. Wisdom is with God and it is of God, Wisdom is so aware of Life, it remembers the Beginning of time, why? Because God established Wisdom from “everlasting” before time! No human mind, science or declaration can claim this TRUTH. It is futile and aggressively misleading to say anything against God regarding the Wisdom of Creation. It is simple really, if anyone wishes to know the Truth of Creation, they only need to seek out the Wisdom of God. HE ALONE HAS THE ONLY ANSWER WORTH BELIEVING. Why? Simply because God was there then! is there now! and will be there forever! He alone is ‘everlasting’ (Hebrews 13:8) His answer is the Truth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 695

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 598

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 597