The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 658

 

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 658

Today’s Kick Start! (CJB) Psalm 119 57 You are my portion, O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words.

Personal Obedience—(NKJV) Psalm 119 49 Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. 50 This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life. 51 The proud have me in great derision, Yet I do not turn aside from Your law. 52 I remembered Your judgments of old, O Lord, and have comforted myself. 53 Indignation has taken hold of me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. 54 Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. 55 I remember Your name in the night, O Lord, and I keep Your law. 56 This has become mine, because I kept Your precepts.

JESUS CHRIST: He IS the same Yesterday, He IS the same Today, He IS God Forever!

God’s law, statutes, precepts, and testimonies. His word, commandment, and judgments, and our fear of the Lord. This is the subject of Psalm 119; The Psalm is directed at blessing mankind, to keep and guide them to happiness as he or she travels in the godly way of life.

Psalm 119 49 Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. 50 This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life. 51 The proud have me in great derision, Yet I do not turn aside from Your law. 52 I remembered Your judgments of old, O Lord, and have comforted myself.

If the Word of God is not in your daily life, then any hope you have does not come from God. You may very well beat around the bush with this thought, but this could be just the reason for your derision. Not only do you allow others to mock your position in Christ, but perhaps there are times when you mock God, as well. A willful act of sin is in all cases ‘mocking God.’

 

The word of God of Psalm 119 in all cases are the promise of God to those who have a hope in Him. God promises life and comfort to you and me, even when the affliction of the world around us heats up. Sometimes, and you may have experienced this too; affliction is heavy and people are very visibly affected; but and because of your hope in God; we children of His, seem to be silent, even disconnected from the current events. This is because we have a confident hope in the word of God and it is not because we seem to be so heavenly minded as some may suggest.

 

We cannot allow the law of the world to cause us to turn from the law of God, the law of this world is temporal, full of deception and worry. The apostle Paul in his epistle to Philippi warns the Philippian saints about the sin of worry. Philippians 4 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

 

Psalm 119 is packed with the promise of God to His children, it is also packed with the confident joy of hope in God for all the children of God who cling to His word/promise. 1 Corinthians 13.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 203

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 169

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 161.1