The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 319



Habakkuk 2:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Just Live by Faith
1I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected. Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end, it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. “Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.
The Christ – Meditation in The Wisdom and knowledge of God


 In Christendom today there is a lot to be said about FAITH. Many good and prominent people in our time have expressed faith. Faith in money, faith in material objects, faith in themselves and faith in scripture. There are a few that I have left out, otherwise, the paper would be filled and I would have nothing else to comment on. FAITH has an object like money, material, self, and scripture, yet there is a bottom line to all of this! What good is faith if it is not founded on the Author of Faith?

God, having never created a star of light or wonder, said; “Let there be light” and there was light. This is not to say that God lived in darkness before He spoke those four words, we must remember scripture; “God is Light in Him is no darkness at all” God has all of the patterns on all of Creation which contains some form of created light (Genesis 1:3 and 1 John 1:5) – This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. Are you not filled with joy to know that our God is not One who promotes or creates darkness!

If we are going to live in God’s Creation without this knowledge, then we willingly chose to live in the dark, God does not eliminate the darkness, He overcomes it with LIGHT, This Light of God is Pure, the apostle James equates that the Wisdom of God is Light when he writes But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Now, of course, I have said all of this to say, that God who is the Author of faith, has through His eternal Word and Will provided a guide (a pathfinder or forerunner) who has gone before us, lighting the way to His eternal kingdom who has said to all—John 14 1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 203

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 169

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 161.1