The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 318



The Lamb of God
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ 31 I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.” 32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
The Christ – Meditation in The Wisdom and knowledge of God

After forty days has pasted and the temptation of Jesus is completed, Jesus returns to where John is baptizing in the River Jordan. John is with two of his disciples and makes the following comment, he said to his disciples, look, look who is here, “the Lamb of God”! These two men began following the LORD. Jesus who knows all things starts the conversation “What do you seek?” Throughout the next three-and-one-half years, the LORD would face many conversations. Some of these were emotionally charged, some in Righteous anger, some in defense of His Father’s Will.

In His conversations and statements in this physical life were all for ONE purpose and that was to point fallen mankind back to his or her Creator. Jesus fully accomplished this and His Fathers Will when He, the Messiah lifted up His eyes toward heaven and with the VOICE of VICTORY to the Father said, “It is Finished” Salvation is secured and completed for every man, woman, and child who ever lived or lives. The one who is without salvation is the one who has not heard the gospel message, or who has heard the message and rejected it.

As we have said and agreed to, Jesus died and rose again for sinners, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. What is God Glory? His righteousness abiding in us through Jesus, not the cradle or the crib, but the death and the resurrection.

Due to time and other events, it seems that Monday’s are hard for me, so I am thinking of writing Tuesday through Saturday. I have not made the final decision yet, but it does seem plausible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 203

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 169

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 161.1