The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 660

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 660

Today’s Kick Start! (NKJV) Psalm 119 65 You have dealt well with Your servant,
O Lord, according to Your word.

Personal Obedience—(NKJV) Psalm 119 57 You are my portion, O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words. 58 I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word. 59 I thought about my ways, And turned my feet to Your testimonies.
60 I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments
. 61 The cords of the wicked have bound me, but I have not forgotten Your law. 62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You,
Because of Your righteous judgments. 63 I am a companion of all who fear You, And of those who keep Your precepts. 64 The earth, O Lord, is full of Your mercy; Teach me Your statutes.

JESUS CHRIST: He IS the same Yesterday, He IS the same Today, He IS God Forever!

God’s law, statutes, precepts, and testimonies. His word, commandment, and judgments, and our fear of the Lord. This is the subject of Psalm 119; The Psalm is directed at blessing mankind, to keep and guide them to happiness as he or she travels in the godly way of life.

Psalm 119 57 You are my portion, O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words. 58 I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word. 59 I thought about my ways, And turned my feet to Your testimonies. 60 I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments

Our days on this earth are numbered; if we were to called to account for them, and we will be, what do you think the number of days would be that were allocated to the Lord? The burden of this thought is almost to heavy to bare, so we should be concerned about our personal assignment of life in the Lord. Psalm 90—A Psalm of Moses helps us to understand our goal to accomplishing the task of numbering our days in keeping God’s Word in our life.

Psalm 90 12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. No one can gain a heart of godly wisdom without entreating the favor [grace] of God. 1 Kings 4 29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding, and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore. The main task of life as I see it, is not for the assignment of our life to the world—but to God and to Him alone.

Most people today have starved their soul of godly wisdom, this is wrong as they have enlarged their heart to the wisdom of the world. As we will see, sin causes the heart of mankind to become sluggish and hard, see Psalm 119 70 Their heart is as fat as grease, But I delight in Your law. This is not heart disease of our fleshly heart. This is SIN, sin is not a disease, sin is a PERSONAL rebellious act against our Creator.

The word of God is merciful, and mercy teaches us to think about our daily responsibility. All of us know that we deserve death, but God alone is merciful, He causes us to think about our waywardness and turn our feet back to Him, repenting is turning our feet in a godly direction. Therefore more blessed are the testimonies of God and our days are brighter since we are numbering our days in Him.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 203

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 169

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 161.1