The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 111



SCRIPTURE REFERENCES:  Luke 8:28-29 – The Eternal Plan of God

The remaining events in Gadarene are the results of Christ’s power and authority over all of creation. Read Mark 5:1-17 and Matthew 8:23-27. The Matthew account differs from Luke and Mark in that Matthew records that two men met Jesus as He exited the boat. The end result of the visit to Gadarene (Gerasene) is that Christ/Messiah has authority over Creation, including Satan, and the demonic forces of evil. The Gadarene’s I believe are gentiles who felt that their livelihood was threatened by the presence of Christ.

SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES: Jesus, the Christ of God/Messiah

Just want to take a few moments this morning to challenge all of us to ‘study’ the Word of God, to realizes that if you are born again (that is; born from above), then you presently have the “kingdom of heaven” on earth. As I have said before, if you are living for yourself and not for the glory of God, you are missing out on MUCH. Turn with me to John 14.9 – Have I been with you so long (place your name here) and you have not known Me. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

John 14:10-14 – “Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.  “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.  “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

My wife and I will often see answered prayer on a daily basis, for us this is a wonderful experience of the “Blessed Hope” The joy of the LORD is an AWESOME experience. This is not because of who are or what we are, because in the face of that thought. WE ARE NOTHING AT ALL, but God who is our ALL allows us to live in the Light of His grace, mercy, and peace, which on this earth (full of death and evil)  is joy inexpressible. God protects us and His Glory moves us daily to a better place, that is a heavenly country. Therefore God (Our God) is not ashamed, for He has prepared a place for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 203

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 169

The Devotional – Search the Scriptures – 161.1